Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Food Trucks!

Today Josh and I walked down to Kellogg Blvd. by the courthouse where five food trucks were lined up: Magic Bus Cafe, Chef Shack, 128 Mobile Cafe, Gastrotuck, and Fork in the Road. A detailed list of trucks in the Twin Cities can be found here. These trucks are part of St. Paul's Food Truck Court, which appears every Wednesday.


We looked at all of the menus and then decided to get some specialty hot dogs at the Magic Bus Cafe.


Josh totally dug the bus and it also matched his shirt. :)


I got the Magic Chili Dog and Josh got the Buffalo Springfield Dog with buffalo sauce, blue cheese, celery, and cream cheese. They were so delicious! There were also grass-fed and tofu dog options. Maybe next time...

We waited in line for the pulled pork grilled cheese at Fork in the Road, but noticed that they had run out of it. The food trucks are only parked for a few hours around lunchtime and once they run out, they run out. So, instead, we went to the Chef Shack.


We decided to try the pork tacos and the organic mini donuts. There was a nice spicy cheese sauce on the tacos and the pink cabbage made it both visually and orally interesting.


I will be gone next Wednesday for Missy's wedding and I'm bummed that I won't be able to go back to the food trucks. Teacher workshops start after that and soon I'll be back in school and unable to walk around and enjoy this summer delight. I will definitely add the Wednesday food trucks to my list of things to look forward to next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment