Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quest for Greatness

So Rudi told me about her Quest for Greatness Mediocrity and I thought I'd hop on that bandwagon. I'm slowly recovering from a horrific back injury and it's about time that I start adding exercise into my eating routine.

It is officially 1/3 of the way through November and I've worked out every single day (including Oct 31)! There have been a few days when I totally planned on going to the gym, but instead went home. Lucky for us Minnesotans, November has been downright mild and I've been able to take walks around the 'hood. Yesterday's 37-min/500 calorie walk included a hike down and then back up Ramsey Hill. About halfway up the hill I was starting to think that it was a bad idea... But I got to the top and thought that, come spring, that will be a good workout. I may even jog up it! (HA)

Today's workout (and most days' workout) was the elliptical at the gym. 30-40 minutes, Dr. Oz and Kare 11 news, and a Minnesota Monthly help to keep me plodding along. I'm pretty sure I can keep this going through the entire month and it's a good challenge! It's feasible and anyone can do it. Go for a walk, rake some leaves, deep-clean the bathroom - anything to get your heart rate up and burn 200 cals. Do it!

Calories burned November 1-10: 4,524 (an average of 452 cals/day)

1 comment: