Saturday, May 5, 2012

First Nail in the Wall!

I've been busy with track practice and being a social butterfly. This morning I had some time to sit down and put my very first nail in the wall and lay my very first entry rug.


I hung my new clock in the bathroom. For the last four years or so I've had one of those loud, white plastic clocks from Target. When I moved in, I inherited yet another loud, white plastic clock. I took the battery out of mine and will take it to Goodwill. The one that came with the house was newer so I hung that in the basement. Yes, I need to know what time it is, even in the basement.

I bought two IKEA rugs for the front and back entries. They are durable and already have a plastic backing so I don't need to get a rug pad. This week I also purchased a multi-colored 7x9 braided rug for the dining room. Since it was from Craig's List, I opted to have it deep-cleaned at a local place called American Rug Laundry. I try to support local businesses instead of the big box kind of places. The rug cost $140 and the deep clean cost $123 (after tax), but it's still cheaper than buying a new rug of that size.

And lastly, I've been meaning to post this picture for quite some time. My dishwasher is approaching "vintage" status, but I don't think I could ever get a new one.


How many dishwashers have a "water miser" setting?! I think of my mother every time I start the dishwasher. And I never use any other setting.


No comments:

Post a Comment