Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting My Mojo Back

After my last post, it seemed like something happened. Perhaps sending my butt-kicking wish to the internet gods did the trick. Perhaps it was the box from Amazon that came in the mail. In that box there was another box - another box filled with Clif Mojo bars. And that is how I think Allison got her mojo back.

The box contained three different bars - dipped chocolate peanut, peanut butter pretzel, and mountain mix. Oddly enough, this was the variety pack that they came in and they just so happen to be my three favorite mojo bars. I got the dipped one at the Reindeer Run that Jen and I did in December. I was just grabbing protein bars left and right and happened to pick up that one. Man alive was it good! I tried the two other ones when I wandered into the protein bar aisle at Target. I was hooked. They are sweet with chocolate or raisins and salty with peanuts and pretzels. Killer. 

I had one yesterday as my snack between 7th grade PE classes and I was back in it. I proceeded to kick butt at the dentist and then work out while my glasses were being fixed. I even stuck to my diet and didn't get Noodles, even though I passed two on the way home. 

It's paid off and I've already lost a little bit of the 3 lbs I gained over break. I've decided to reward myself with Punch Pizza after I break into the 150s. I had Noodles tonight for dinner, but I worked out really hard at the gym today, adding a mile run to my typical elliptical workout. And even with the Noodles, I'm on track for -1.4 lbs/week for today's My Food Diary entry. 

I'm currently sitting in the Starbucks on Robert St. and I can tell you that I am not impressed. I miss the north woods feel of my local Caribous. The hot chocolate here isn't as good as Caribou's either. But I have $65 to blow here. The whole vibe here is weird. It's chilly. There is a couch that I'm sitting on, but it seems kind of out of place, like someone donated it. I need to find a different one bc this one is totally bumming me out. 

It doesn't help that the couple next to me is totally having some issues. She just keeps talking and he seems totally uninterested and she keeps asking him what's wrong. Then she launches into some story that she finds funny and he barely responds. And they both have their Bibles out. Totally weird.

And so goes my Friday night.... 

2 comments:

  1. you are so weird about your preferences.

    btw, ever since you told me you keep to one locker number, I have stuck with locker 73 at the new gym. Wednesday that row was super packed and I felt silly trying to squeeze in just for a certain locker number, so I went the next row over. I didn't like it one bit, so thanks for THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! :) I walked in today and there was crap strewn all over the entire bench in the #11 section. I had to go alll the way down to #105. I know it's going to be a good day when I get locker #11. Not so much when I get locker #105...hence the malfunctioning treadmill and the construction work.

    ReplyDelete