Monday, January 31, 2011

I've been bad at blogging recently. I've also been bad at going to the gym/working out. In the past two weeks I've gone three times, and one time was to play league tennis so I'm not sure if that really counts. I simply have no motivation to work out. I seem to have plenty of motivation to order Dominos, drink hoppy beers, and eat at Noodles though... I've been on the cusp of the 150s for the past two weeks. Each week I state to Rudi that "this is the week I break into the 150s!" and each week I fail. 


I'm going to try and motivate myself this week. So far, so good. Ate well today AND worked out AND shoveled. Snow is Mother Nature's way of building in extra exercise to my day. Tomorrow is going to be my most challenging day: I need to elliptical at the JCC before I lifeguard or I'll be too tired and hungry afterward to have the motivation. I also need to pack a sandwich and perhaps some chippies for lifeguarding. If I have food, I'm not tempted to pick something up on the way home. 


Wednesday: must make myself go elliptical after the chiropractor. I'm not sure if this messes up what he just did, but I need to get over that three-day hump. If you do something for three days, it will stick (hopefully)!

Thursday: make-up tennis match at 98th St. Lifetime. I'll elliptical after because we're up 3-1 in the second set and I can't imagine I'm going to get much of a workout. 


Friday: supposed to be warm (35!). May finally get out to x-country ski at Fort Snelling. ...Or I will elliptical at Lifetime. 

Saturday: see how I feel. Will weigh myself in the morning. If I've dropped into the 150s, it's a rest day! Otherwise, it's the gym, brunch with Stew, and then off to get my hair done.


Keep me motivated (esp RU!!). 

1 comment: