Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2011 Summer Theme: REDUCE

I've chosen the theme of reducing for this summer. I need to reduce not only the things that I own, but also my body. Thanks to my back injury, laziness, and a touch of depression over not being able to play tennis while injured, I am now back at a weight/feeling that I am definitely not comfortable with.

My plan (stuff):
- Go through one room in my house at a time and pare things down to the minimum. The first room that I want to tackle is the dining room. This is where all of the scrapbook stuff lives. I know I have a lot of stamp pads that have dried out. I have stamps that I've never used. I have a scrapbook bag (okay, two) that hasn't seen the inside of an Archiver's in well over six years.
- Donate shoes, purses, and clothes that I haven't worn in the past year (or two). I know I have some ridiculous PE track suits that I will never wear again. Man, was I dorky. Ru mentioned sweaters. Even though I live in MN, I rarely wear sweaters. I have my stand-by LL Bean button down sweater that I wear with EVERYTHING. I would gladly give away all of my sweaters and just get another LL Bean sweater in another color.
- Sheets. Do I really need five sets of sheets??
- I will also be taking all of my CDs to Cheapo. Even if I only get $0.15 for each CD, that's better than hauling them to a new apartment.
- Le sigh. Memory boxes. I think these will finally find a home at a storage place. I can't bare to part with them just yet, but I also don't want to keep moving them all over St. Paul.
- Dishes. Man alive do I have a lot of dishes/glasses. I even have a box of dishes, unopened, from the wedding registry (you know, just in case we broke some). I've stolen more beer glasses than any one person should ever own as well.
- Ru also made a good argument for throwing out all thongs from college. Old sports bras, bras, and undies should get tossed as well as old socks that only see the light of day when I'm desperate and haven't done laundry.

My plan (weight):
- Elliptical during Kathie Lee & Hoda (10-11 am). I need to elliptical during a show and this gives me an exact time in which to do it.
- Run/walk a 5K distance at least once a week.
- Play tennis at least once a week.
- Drink at least two Nalgenes per day. I even bought a separate Nalgene for water with lemons.
- Add more fiber into my diet. I used to be super good about this, but have let bad sugars and starches creep into my diet.
- No Punch Pizza. No Noodles. No Grand Ole Creamery (except at -10 lbs - then I get a Monkey Sundae!!).
- Limit alcohol to one day a week. When I lost 30 lbs in 2006, I was very good all week and then celebrated the end of the work week with loaded potato skins and a few beers on Friday. Saturday and Sunday I played tennis and then it was back to the elliptical on Monday.
- Starting My Food Diary fresh today. I had logged for the past two years, on and off. I deleted all of the entries and am starting new on June 14.

And with all of that blogged, I'm off to Lifetime with Kathie Lee & Hoda.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to blog about your progress once a week! take a before and after of each room!

    ReplyDelete