Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 1

I recently completed a 20-day no alcohol challenge, put forth by Rudi. That went from Nov 1-20. It went so well that I've decided to do it again for December, starting today. It will be a 21-day no alcohol, workout extravaganza! It will culminate on December 20th with a few beers while watching the Bears kick the Vikings butt on Monday Night Football! I had toyed with the idea of buying tickets, but I thought my money would be better spent at a bar and a cab ride home. It would be a lot cheaper, at any rate. 

This morning I weighed in at a puffy, post-week off 164.2. Last week I was 162.2 so that needs to be recovered this week. My goal is to be in the 150s by Dec 31. 

I was not looking forward to today. It was the first day back after a week-long break from kids, but it went well. I was observed in one of my 7th grade PE classes and the kids were awesome. There's supposed to be some yucky weather moving in, but I have yet to see it, which is good. It's still currently 38 degrees, as it's been most of the day. I DID NOT want to go to the gym, but I hauled my butt there anyway. It was beyond packed in the parking ramp. I went all the way to the tippy top and only saw 2 empty spots. I decided to go home, take a nap, and then try again. The second time around was much better and I got to see Westbrook score his first touchdown as a 49er! 

Tomorrow's commute looks to be a bad one. I'm off to shower so I can just get up and go tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is going to be another long one - teaching, lifeguard, and then work "security" for the judges' table at the high school dance competition. I'm assuming it will be a pretty easy job... 

No comments:

Post a Comment