Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Fun Facts

1. I still haven't played tennis yet, but my chiropractor keeps telling me that I need to stay active. I'm just a little scared that I will re-injure myself.

2. You all know that I've been dealing with losing my job once again. I'm really torn with what I should do - stay or try to find work elsewhere. It's really been weighing on my mind and I still don't know what will happen or what I'll do. I feel like this is a sign to try something new and I'm so glad that I have people who support me, whatever I decide.

3. With that being said, today I got a call to interview for a job that I never even applied for. I had applied to White Bear Lake in the past so my application was on file, but I never applied for the specific job - .95 health for the '11-'12 school year. I talked to the principal today and he said that the gal who has the job is taking a year off to be with her family. She could come back or she could stay home. But it's a job with benefits that pays what I'm currently getting paid.

4. On the other side of things, my personal life is making me really happy at the moment. (Hopefully that didn't just jinx it...) I'm interested in making cards and making plans again and I'm content, happy, excited, and nervous.

5. I'm also looking forward to Memorial Day weekend. Stink-o-phonic is coming and will be able to meet all of my crazy friends on our crazy camping weekend. SO EXCITED!!

6. My house, on the other hand, is a mess. I simply do not have the energy or chutzpah to even tidy up. I'm nearly out of socks and underwear too. Things are approaching apocalyptic.

7. I suck at coaching softball. I suck so bad that I feel bad that I'm even getting paid.

8. Last weekend was beautiful and in the 70s. This weekend is another story. It's supposed to snow 1-2" tonight with lows near 30. Seriously, Minnesota. Pull it together. But I should know better. I've been here when it's snowed at the END of April. This is why I still have my electric blanket on my bed.

9. I went to the Ale Jail today after softball and picked out 6 of my favorites. Unfortunately, they were all warm so I'm stuck drinking Mich Golden Light until they cold up.

10. But, alas, it IS the weekend. I don't have to deal with kids throwing chairs into the diving well or cheating on my test for a whole TWO DAYS! And next week is a 4-day week filled with tai chi and karate and an AIDS video. And to top it all off, a Saturday night on the town with my beau.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel...

No comments:

Post a Comment