Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yeah Parking Lot!

So today I jogged/trotted from the overflow REI parking lot, across the street, and into the regular REI parking lot. This was after I worked at Lifetime, standing for 6 hours. "Why is this important?" you might ask. Well, no back pain. NO BACK PAIN! There was a little stiffness in my lower back on the left side, but that's kind of normal. This afternoon I *almost* signed up for a tennis drill on Thursday night at Lifetime. I think I'll even try working out a little tomorrow before softball. This is so exciting!!! After three weeks of hobbling around like an aged old lady, I'm back to walking quickly, with a spring in my step. Those three weeks were horrible and I contemplated never playing tennis or walking completely upright again and that made me very sad and scared. But now I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I guess injuring myself in my 30s is just going to take longer to heal. This getting older stuff sucks.

And with that, I am going to have a Yuengling and watch How I Met Your Mother and toast to a very good weekend: my back is feeling better, I had a delightful Friday at the Lexington drinking strong girly drinks (I finally had a Cosmo, Carrie Bradshaw!) and then watching Hot Tub Time Machine, slept in on Saturday, and had a wonderful 3 hours on Sunday with a certain someone before dragging myself back to go crazy on the REI website. April 8-10, you done good.

1 comment: