Monday, March 5, 2012

TRYumph

Sometime in February one of those silly little inspirational posters popped into my head and got stuck. You know the one -

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph.
 
I think it popped into my head as I was headed out to my car at the end of the day. Tired, lazy, just wanting to go home and sit on the couch and watch TV. And I thought about how easy it would be to simply get in my car and do just that. But to go to the gym would require that added "umph". I grumbled and groaned and eventually went to the gym. 

I always feel better after I go to the gym. It's the getting there that's hard. I'll jog/walk outside when it's in the 40s or warmer, but even that can become a chore. Little things will stop me - I forgot my heart rate monitor or my water bottle or my magazine - my iPod died. 

I know that if I put in the effort, I will most likely see the return (especially after a month like February...). In January I ate correctly and made sure I hit my exercise goals and 5 lbs melted away. I'm on a roll right now, but how long will that last? Can I keep up this momentum? 

Umph.

1 comment: