Thursday, January 12, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. I scheduled an appointment to see the chiropractor yesterday, two days before my next scheduled appointment. My back was not getting better and the pain was circling my pelvis and down to my right knee. The verdict? If this adjustment does not hold and I do not have a reduction in pain, it's time for an MRI. I skipped rollerblading last night and took it easy, sitting on hard surfaces and icing my back. I just want everything to be okay. I want to be able to elliptical and rollerblade. I don't want to be in pain.

2. All of this is really making me question my ability to skate in September at the North Shores Inline Half. Sten and Josh were able to do 4 miles in just over 30 min last night at the dome. I was so jealous, but could only sit on the sidelines and read my book as they passed me 10 times.

3. I need some good news. Any good news. Hearing about my house would be great. Winning the lottery wouldn't be bad either. I got into this weight issue bc once I get to this point with my back (as I did 3x in 2011), I get depressed and all I want to do is eat. I'm so frustrated bc I have the motivation to work out and I can't.

Since this is such a downer post, I'll leave you with this glimmer of hope: so far in January, I've lost 4 lbs! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. obviously i'm not your doctor, but i found that target lower-ab work (planks and bridges) and target glute work (deadlifts and squats, many one legged) REALLY helped my SI joint stay put. maybe ask your chiro if those things might help you? let me know if you want more info or just to vent, i've been there.

    ReplyDelete