Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 1

Tomorrow I will finish up week 1 of the new year. So far I've logged every meal and workout in My Food Diary. As of today I've lost a total of 2.2 lbs. I was -2.6 on Wednesday, but then I decided to put my body through hell with workouts on the bike, DDR, elliptical, and inline skating. My body is still recoverying and my legs and lower back are not fans of me right now.

The beginning of the week was super easy. I was able to eat right, workout every day, and maintain a positive attitude about the whole thing. After taking yesterday as my rest day, I'm disgruntled today. My back hurts and I just want to eat terrible, terrible things. I'm hoping this has more to do with an impending hormonal flux and not an indication of how hard this is really going to be.

I signed up for three races this week: February's Valentine's Day TC 5k, April's Fitger's 5k, and June's Lederhosenlauf 5k. The last time I signed up for a race (January's Polar Dash 5k), I immediately threw out my back the next day. I'm knocking on wood, hoping that doesn't happen this time, and at 3x the intensity!

I had a minor freak out today regarding the North Shore Inline Half that I'll be doing in September. I was able to complete 4 miles (10 laps) in the Metrodome on Wednesday night, but it was slow-going. It took me about 40 minutes, which is not a pace that will let me finish the half before the inline marathoners race over my dead, lifeless body. I think the main factor in all of this is my skates. I'm going to try renting skates next week and hope that my 4-mile time decreases. My goal right now is to be under 7.5 min/mile, which would be 30 minutes total. Ultimately, I think I'll need to purchase racing skates. And then I'll have to learn how to stop in them.

This weekend will be my first food and exercise challenge. Tonight is my first ordering off of the menu while keeping in mind how many calories I can eat experience. I looked that the menu for the Bullfrog Cajun Bar and everything looks so good! It's also going to be hard to order Diet Coke (yes, I have crossed over to the dark side) or water instead of a nice cold beer. Sniffle. But I know a lack of boozing it up tonight will be a gain tomorrow morning when I want to get up (after sleeping in, natch) and go see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Speaking of which...next blog up: All of the movies I have to see before the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment