Thursday, January 19, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Today was the first day that the temperatures dipped below zero this winter in the Twin Cities. That's officially a record. To give you some perspective, it was -6 on the Culver's (nommmm) thermometer as I drove past it at 11:30 am this morning on my way to the high school. When I got out of the car this morning at 7:50 am, my lungs were shocked and it hurt to breathe in. The boogies in my nose and my jacket were both crunchy immediately upon stepping out of my car. Things are looking up though - it's supposed to hit 30 on Sunday. Heat wave!

2. I decided, on a whim, to get a massage this afternoon at Lifetime. It was 1 hour of certified bliss. All of my aches and pains went away. It was warm, relaxing, and worth every bit of the $75 I paid ($56.25 with my 25% Lifetime employee discount...after taxes and tip...$75). I think my favorite part of a massage is the warm electric blanket that toasts everything up before I crawl under the blankets on the table. Happiness is an electric blanket when you are cold and sore.

3. I have a very extremely scientific way of judging how my back is doing. Simply put, I sneeze. If it hurts, I'm not aligned. If I'm like every other normal person whose back doesn't hurt when they sneeze, I'm doing okay.

This has been a long week and I'm looking forward to the weekend. TGIalmostF!

No comments:

Post a Comment