Saturday, September 18, 2010

Back At It, Or... My Gym Pet Peeves

I finally got my butt to the gym this morning. It's the first time I've been to the gym since I started the school year. I haven't had any energy or motivation...and I have 12 more days until the end of the month so that has forced me to get my butt in gear.

I was having exercise ADD (note, there was no "H" in there...) and decided to do 15 min on the bike and 15 min on the elliptical. Also, I probably shouldn't do ANY time on the elliptical bc of my back, but I just love and miss it so much. First off, the gym parking lot was packed. I had to go nearly to the top level of the parking ramp. I like to use locker #11 (hello OCD). Locker #11 was taken, as were practically all the lockers in the first section. I had to go all the way down to the 3rd and last section. I put my stuff in locker #139 after I changed, but it wouldn't lock. So then I moved all of my stuff down to locker #140. This is nowhere near locker #11!

Biking was fine. I was checking out the ellipticals while biking and there was one left right around my 15 min mark. I quickly put all of my stuff on it and cleaned off my bike. I always wipe down the machines before and after I'm there bc I've seen way too many people not wipe it off at all bc they are just "warming up." Hello, you still left your cooties! The two wipe dispensers closest to the ellipticals were out so I had to go all the way back to the one I used for my bike. I love the dispensers, but I hate that on any given day, at least 1 out of 3 in the first row are out of wipes. It's another pet peeve of mine when the person before has pulled two wipes out, but only uses one (they are connected). The other one inevitably dries up before it's used. Such a waste.

I ellipticalled next to a very tall/large man. He was actually kind of cute, but he smelled like Brian smelled and that was such a turn off. He was going great guns though, and not in a totally weird way like some guys. I like this bc it keeps me going faster as well.

I was able to stretch out and my back didn't hurt so I gave today's workout two thumbs up. When I got back to the locker room some lady was leaving and not only did she leave her locker door open (another pet peeve of mine, and yes, I do close them when I see them open), but she also left two towels - one on the floor and one on the locker door. Dude! The towel drop is on your way out, actually there are TWO on your way out. Don't be a slob - these people aren't your maids. So the workout was two thumbs up. The things I had to deal with were not.

Afterward I drove across the street to Brueggers and indulged in a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese for breakfast. I love the fall!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing about fall is pumpkin-flavored items!

    ReplyDelete