Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Movie Monday, 1 day late...

Towards the end of the summer I was running out of money. This meant that I couldn't do a lot of the things that I like to do, such as go to weekend morning movies. I've missed a lot in the last month or so. But last Wednesday was pay day and I made sure that I saw a movie on Saturday morning.

I hate to disappoint some of you, but I saw Easy A. It is a high school twist on The Scarlett Letter, starring Emma Stone. Amanda Bynes, another one of my favorite now post-teen actresses, also stars in the movie.

Emma Stone plays Olive, a girl who is mistakenly accused of having sex over the weekend in the beginning of her senior year. What she actually does during this weekend is set in a hilarious few scenes spliced together. A gay friend of hers asks her if she'll pretend to have sex with him so that he doesn't get picked on in school. After initially saying no, she acquiesces. Word gets around and some dorky boys start asking Olive to help them out too. She decides to embrace this new reputation, inspired by the book they are reading in English class, The Scarlett Letter. Of course things start getting out of control and she begins to regret her decision.

Stone plays a great nerdy harlott while her parents, Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson, steal every scene they are in. They are the best movie parents ever! They are quick-witted and accepting of other's differences.

I absolutely loved this movie and I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD. "Two thumbs up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment