Thursday, September 16, 2010

Three Things Thursday

(1) I didn't have 7th graders today. They were at an all 7th grade "retreat" in the large gym. I got a lot done and am even up to date with my grade book! Now all I need to do is grade those pesky food diaries from health...

(2) Today was chilly and dreary. I decided to pull a pair of black fleece pants out of the dirty clothes and don them for the first time this season. Tomorrow is picture day so I may have to dress up a little more....or just wear a black zip-down hoodie.

(3) I heard a great new-to-me song today on the radio on the drive in to school. It was "Windfall" by Son Volt. They are an alt country band from Minneapolis. Apparently they started when Uncle Tupelo ended. I checked out the cd, Trace (from 1996), and downloaded it on iTunes. The singer, Jay Farrar, will be in St. Paul at the Turf Club on Nov. 5th and I just might check him out. I dig the Turf Club, but haven't been there since Duplomacy played (circa 2005-2006). A few lines from the song:

May the wind take your troubles away
May the wind take your troubles away
Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel
May the wind take your troubles away

1 comment:

  1. You may also like "Let your troubles roll by" by Carbon leaf :)

    ReplyDelete