Thursday, December 15, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. This week started off with grand expectations. I was supposed to do 4 miles of blading at the Dome, but then it was canceled due to oil on the concourses. Boo. Ended up going to Victory 44 for a delicious meal, topped off with the best dessert ever: apple-squash crisp with squash sorbet. Tuesday and Wednesday brought no exercise and a hot dog and pizza for dinner, respectively. Tonight is a happy hour with apps and tomorrow it's ribs with Missy and Dave. Let's just call this week done with.

2. I had a substitute yesterday while I was in the building for a workshop at Park Center. I was able to watch my kids and see that they were dressed and doing a good job, even with a sub! Even more importantly, when the group of 20 PE teachers from other districts toured our building, I could proudly say that this was my class. The other teachers were impressed with Park Center and I was proud (even more so than normal) to say that I work there.

3. I will be helping to pick out a Christmas tree for the first time in six years. I think I'm *almost* in the mood. Dad has sent out the Christmas breakfast and dinner menus and they look like I'm going to gain five pounds over the three-day stint that I'll be home. I don't automatically change the station when Christmas music comes on. This is a sign that it might be a good season after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment