Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 5

I kicked Day 5's tukus! I had a slight recovery from the puffy start to the week and dropped 1.2 lbs. 

When I play late tennis matches, I like to take a half day off the next day. I teach block 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6 and a morning half day would be the first and second blocks. Gets me in to school around 10:45 in order to relieve the sub at 11 am, just before hour 4 is dismissed. I love half days because, duh, I get to sleep in, but also because I eat breakfast later. I can have a granola bar or some trail mix, which will tide me over until I can hit the gym and after the gym I usually have an early dinner. 

Today I decided to hit the elliptical a little harder - 46 min instead of 30 min. - and I still have over 500 calories that I could consume. I had my protein smoothie after the gym and then noshed on a Lean Cuisine pizza. 

It started snowing today around 1 pm or so and it hasn't stopped yet. Some cities in southwest Minnesota already have over 5" of snow! I think we're supposed to get between 2 and 4 inches by tomorrow morning. Which brings me to my next bit of fitness business... 

Tomorrow my friend Jen and I will be participating in the Reindeer Run - a Lifetime Fitness-sponsored holiday 5K. I bailed on the Turkey Day 5K due to cold weather, but I refuse to bail on this run! It will be my very first very cold run. My first "cold run" was at around 40 degrees and I ended up PRing it at 39:39 min. There is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I am going to try and PR tomorrow. There will be at least 2" of snow on the ground and Jen hasn't been working out as much as I have. I'm planning on having fun on a freezing day in the snow and then going out to brunch with a great girl friend! People dress up in costumes for this race and Jen and I have decided to wear our whistles around our necks, dressed up as out of shape PE teachers. :)

Meanwhile, the snow is falling and I'm happy to be curled up on the couch for the night. I've turned up the heat and am looking forward to watching Netflix tonight...perhaps with a slice of pumpkin pie to take care of those extra 500 calories...

No comments:

Post a Comment