Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dropping Time

It rained overnight and was spritzing this morning, but I drove to coach tennis in Richfield bc I hadn't gotten a call or text saying that practice was canceled. When I got there the courts were soaked and none of the girls were in the gyms. I was a little peeved so I headed back to Henry Sibley High School for my run. I kicked butt on the first lap, knocking off 20 seconds. I was amazed that I practically had a stride instead of a trot! It was still misting and my glasses started to fog up on lap 3. It was about 70 degrees and there was a wind. I wonder if the weather conditions helped my time, but I dropped over one minute! 3 miles done and I'm down to 12:09.

My hips are achy even after my rest day yesterday. What I wouldn't do for a massage! But I hopped back in the car, wiped off my glasses, and drove to Lifetime. Rode the bike for 30 min while sweating profusely and reading Chelsea Handler. I finished up by dipping my tootsies in the pool.

When I got home and read my email I saw that my tennis match for tonight has been canceled. I was bummed, but now have the rest of the day ahead of me to catch up on TiVo, read, and watch movies!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray alliy al!!! Maybe I'll time myself tonight on my lap around the hood.

    if you ever want to run on the streets - USATF.com has a "map my run" option. Its basically googlemaps with a measuring tool so you can create a run and see your mileage - also lets you know the incline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job!!!! i'm super jealous of your 70 degrees, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not quite off of the track yet, but I will keep that website in mind. Missy does a 2 mile loop around the golf course by her house and I'll do that with her sometime soon. After I get that anti skin rubbing gel!

    ReplyDelete