Friday, July 23, 2010

Fun Facts Friday

1. I love post offices and mail. Last summer I used to walk to the downtown St. Paul post office a few times a week. This week I visited the Mendota Heights, MN post office on Hwy 13. I'd never been there before bc it's such a small little outpost. I looked up the hours and it's actually closed from 1-2:30 so the one person who's working there can take a lunch! It's all very cute.

2. My favorite president is Ulysses S. Grant and I have a small figurine of him.

3. I find the Civil War fascinating and like to read books about it or that are set during that time.

4. I correct people's grammar and word usage. They usually hate me for this.

5. I have never really known my neighbors. When I was moving into my current house my neighbors were in the side yard and invited me over for a beer. I knew I was home.

6. I read The Great Gatsby every year and love F. Scott Fitzgerald. I hauled his complete short stories book, in hardcover, all around Australia.

7. I like most foods plain - plain cheesesteak, plain hot dog, plain soft pretzel.

8. When I was working in Osseo I tried the tomato soup in the cafeteria. I am now in love with tomato soup and constantly search for the best one. I'm in love with Panera's, but it seems like they don't carry it in the summer. Bruegger's also has a zippy fire roasted tomato, but some stores water it down.

9. I am fiercely loyal to my friends and would do anything for them.

10. I love carbs and fats and believe that you can eat anything you want...in moderation. I got down to 118 when I was 18 and I still had pizza. I just had 1 slice instead of 3.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment