Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Movie Monday, 1 Day Late

I was all set up to watch the original Reefer Madness, but it kept skipping. Netflix sent me one the next day - talk about speedy! But I did watch two movies last week.

The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
I decided to watch this movie on Thursday because it would have been my 5th wedding anniversary. Ya Ya is one of the movies that I got that Matt liked. He got a lot of the movies I liked, such as The Big Lebowski and From Hell.

If you haven't seen it, The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood is a silly little movie with Sandra Bullock. It's the story of her childhood and her mother's alcohol abuse and subsequent breakdown during that time. I absolutely love the music in the movie - takes me back to Louisiana in the heat of the summer. The second thing I love about this movie is the bloody Marys. Holy Hannah they make me want a great bloody! (By the way, best bloodies in the cities that I've found are at Skinner's in St. Paul and Bunker's in Minneapolis. Skinner's is larger and probably less expensive.)

SHAG

Rudi and I absolutely love this movie. You probably haven't heard of it because it's a movie about teenagers dancing and it came out around the same time as Dirty Dancing. Four girlfriends from South Carolina tell their parents they're going to Fort Sumter for the weekend when they're really going to Myrtle Beach. Once they get to the beach they see there's a shag dance contest judged by heartthrob Jimmy Valentine. The girls meet up with some boys, throw a party, and enter the contest. Of the four girls, Pudge is my favorite. If you're in need of a good summer flick, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment