Wednesday, July 28, 2010

West Side Wednesday

On Wednesdays I've decided to talk a little about my neighborhood, the West Side of St. Paul. Interestingly enough, the West Side is actually south of downtown St. Paul. The Mississippi River flows between downtown/Lowertown and the West Side. Original settlers knew that the Mississippi ran north-south and figured that the other side of the river was the west side. The river actually twists here and flows east-west. South St. Paul is also on this side of the river, but more to the east.

I will attempt to post a video. This video was taken two years ago when I moved in. I'm standing on the West Side bluffs looking at downtown St. Paul. The video starts at downtown. Then it shows the capitol building, St. Paul Cathedral, and ends with the High Bridge/Smith Ave. Bridge. It's the most beautiful view in the city!

1 comment:

  1. I didnt watch the video (it lowers bandwidth or somethingorother at work), but I've been there, so I'm imagining it in my head!

    ReplyDelete