Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scratch That...

I'm quickly realizing that my goal to drop weight is unrealistic. I'm way too unmotivated at the moment and until I find that motivation, it's just not going to work. Instead, I think I'll focus on not gaining any MORE weight. That seems feasible enough.

I'm going to go look at a house at 232 Dale St. in St. Paul today. It's a short sale, currently hidden from the MLS, and is listed at $164k. It's a twin home with a shared back yard and a garage. Three bedrooms, washer, dryer, dishwasher, and more than one toilet make this a very desireable place. Plus, I love the location - just two blocks from the intersection of Selby and Dale. Things I love about Selby-Dale: Louisiana Cafe, Muddy Pig, Happy Gnome, Nina's, Frost's, Costello's, my hidden, secret garden tennis court, Sweeney's, and quick access to I-94. Selby-Dale is also very close to Grand Ave, where Punch Pizza resides. Nom. I can walk to all of these places. I love my current neighborhood and I have the best neighbors anywhere, but the owner of my house is financially unable to sell it to me at the moment. Because the Dale St. house is a short sale, it's listed very much below market value. It's also not on the MLS so it doesn't pop up on any searches, which could give me an advantage if I were to make an offer. But we will see... the online pictures looked great, but as someone once told me, the camera sees things different than the eye does.

1 comment:

  1. ooooh, exciting!!!! and i think setting realistic goals is smart.

    ReplyDelete