Thursday, February 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday: School Edition

1. I made a boy cry yeserday. He came in with his report card, which he had gotten on Tuesday, and asked me if there was anything he could do to bring up his grade from a C in fitness fun. I just kind of looked at him like, "Are you serious?" and told him that the semester was over and that there was nothing he could do. He questioned me a few times, but I stood firm, saying that I had updated the grades numerous times throughout the quarter. Apparently, he then went out into the hallway and started bawling. Crying! Coming from an 8th grade boy who was a behavior issue ALL semester. I even had to hold him back from our Base Camp field trip for a day due to poor behavior. And now he's bawling? He pulled himself together by walking it off down the hallway. Poor kid. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson!

2. This morning in fitness fun I turned my back for 5 seconds and one of my 8th graders had gotten into the pinnie bag and another boy had zipped him up in it and was carrying it around. I had to make sure I kept a straight face and then told them that both of them were done participating for the day. It was pretty funny though and I've been re-telling the story all day.

3. Lastly, I embarrassed the heck out of a 7th grade boy today. I had been having one of those days were little stuff goes wrong throughout the whole day and it just escalates and makes me crabby. I needed a good laugh. He came to the office and he wasn't dressed for swimming. I asked him why he wasn't dressed, but he didn't really say anything. I then asked him if he had his period and then burst out laughing. I just couldn't contain myself! Then I leaned over to him and said that I was just kidding and that's what the girls always tell me when they're not dressed. The look on his face was priceless and he turned red for a moment. Once he got changed and went out to the pool he seemed to have recovered. Meanwhile, Jodi was trying to hold in her giggles behind me in the office. I just couldn't resist! It was the turning point of the day too - no more crabbies!

1 comment: