Sunday, July 17, 2011

Closure & Crazy Humidity

After contacting M three times, I finally received the last thing I was waiting for from him. It's bittersweet, but now everything is over. All ties have been severed and I can finally work on moving on. I was pretty upset today because, while the breakup hurt, him not talking to me about this hurt even worse. I think that, sometime way in the future, we could be friends. We did have a very good friendship. But for now, I just don't want it to be awkward if we see each other at Target or on Grand Ave. Things have ended well and I'm okay with it.

Today started the first day of Minnesota being as mucky as pea soup. It is 88 degrees, feeling like 106. And so I thought I'd take Amy up on her offer to play some tennis outside this afternoon! I went over to Kelly's to hang out in the backyard. There was a bit of a breeze an it didn't feel too bad. By the time 4 pm rolled around, the breeze had stopped. We puddled on the tennis court for about an hour until it started to rain. Then I headed back to Kelly's to cool off in the AC. The rain seemed to make things worse though.

So tonight I'm sitting on my couch, watching the boob tube, and I'm content. My heart's still broken, my knees are still sweating, but I can see that sometime, somewhere, I'll be excited about a boy again. And until that time, I'm going to do what I want to do and have a good time. Because "life is good." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment