Thursday, July 14, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Life is getting better. It's almost been a week since I was so rudely ditched and dismissed and I only cried once yesterday. I'm really digging my doubles tennis-relationships analogy. Sometimes you win and sometimes it's a struggle to win; sometimes it's easy. Sometimes you have a string of wins for five months and then you lose, badly. Ironically, this is what happened to me in both my romantic life and my tennis life. But I know that I will play another match and I'll win. And I have to have that same mindset when it comes to relationships. I'll win again, but in the meantime, I will practice and get better and be a better person. "And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."

2. It's cold and rainy here today and I'm enjoying it. I've opened the windows and am liking the fact that I'm a tad chilly in the middle of July. I'm planning to run my mile later, rain or shine.

3. I've been having a hard time coming up with a third thing. Last night I met up with a friend who's going through a similar situation. We had a good time and we got each other to smile. We know we'll get through and that something better will come along, but we also know that it's going to be hard for awhile. But we have friends and that's priceless.

"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - It's A Wonderful Life

This part always makes me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment