Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Garage Sale Results and Other July Things

I made $99.25! Not too shabby for a bunch of stamps, scrapbooking stuff, and shoes. Missy and I are off to Elite Repeat on Thursday to see if any of our stuff is consign-able. Everything else is off to Goodwill or the recycling center. No one, NO ONE, is interested in tube TVs anymore, not even my small bedroom TV. Maybe I'll try posting on the free section of Craig's List before I hit the recycling center.

I had finally lost about 2 lbs in two weeks and then the 4th of July weekend hit. I was down in the dumps about waking up to gaining those 2 lbs back. Then I made the mistake of trying on dresses at White House|Black Market. I will NEVER go in there again. Everything was way too small and the girl picking out "suggestions" for me was obviously not grounded in the reality that is my body shape. Thanks for the horizontal stripes and frilly dresses...

So it's back to diet, exercise, and no beer. I may never see my -10 reward of a monkey sundae at the Grand Ole Creamery if I'm not perfectly strict. I've found some diet-friendly foods that I'm absolutely in love with though: the bacon, egg white, and cheddar muffin melt with avocado and spinach at Subway. I could eat this every morning for breakfast! Then there is the Balance bar. I've tried the almond brownie, which tastes like one of those Little Debbie brownies with nuts, and it's by far my favorite! I tried a lemon one today and it was pretty good too.

I'm trying to up my protein intake and reduce my carb intake and go by the 30-30-40 rule:

30% fats
30% proteins
40% carbohydrates

The Balance bars do just that. On My Food Diary it gives you the percentage of your diet that is fats, proteins, and carbs so I'm trying to get close to 30-30-40. As of breakfast and lunch today I'm at 35-26-40 so I'm close. My three main goals are increase protein and decrease overall calories while including three 32 oz Nalgenes per day. Last week when I lost 2 lbs, I did just that.

On the work front, I was denied unemployment since I pretty much have a job lined up for next year. So I've upped the amount of hours I'm working at Lifetime and The Depot. This weekend I worked a 7-hour shift at the water park and tomorrow I'm working 8 hours at Lifetime. Friday brings 8-noon at Lifetime followed immediately by a shift at the water park until 5. (Then I play a mixed doubles tennis match at 6:30.) Saturday I picked up another shift at the water park from 8:45-3:15. Phew! I'm hoping I'll make enough between those two jobs to help cover the cost of the security deposit on the new apartment. The water park is shut down for major cleaning after this weekend, but I upped my August request for hours.

I also started running a mile again this morning. I took it easy and ran it in 13:04, which is still better than when I started last July. On 7/18/10 I ran my first mile in forever in 13:24. I'm glad to see that I haven't regressed completely. I'm just sick of being back up in the 170s after losing close to 15 lbs last fall. My back injury and a depression-fueled eating and drinking binge for three months completely killed me, my motivation, my previous weight loss, and my confidence. I am planning on taking July to get all of that back.

Lastly, yesterday marked five months that Mike and I have been together. We spent the day hanging out with my friend Jodi and her friends at her mom's pool. It was really relaxing and we both got some exercise and some color and had a good time! I'm very happy with how things are and I feel so lucky to have found such a great OUTSTANDING!!!! man.


July Goals
1. Drink 3 Nalgenes per day.
2. Get mile time back down into the 11:00s (best time was 11:19 on 9/22/10).
3. Increase protein intake and consistently log in My Food Diary.
4. Decrease weight, even if it's only 1 lb in all of July!
5. Watch more movies (had to include one fun one!). 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment