Saturday, August 21, 2010

Be Positive!

I haven't been posting this week because I threw out my back on Monday. I've been very uncomfortable and haven't been keeping up with the blog. In case you don't know, I have an extra lumbar vertebrae that isn't really hooked up to anything else in my back. It's just kind of shoved in there, thus giving me about 2" in height. No wonder I'm so tall for my family. So this rogue vertebrae likes to give me issues every now and again. I go to a chiropractor, Dr. Tom, and he straightens me out, hooks me up to electric stim, and sends me on my way. I only went once this week, thinking that it was only a little strain. My mistake, I should have gone 3x! So I'm set up for an appt on Monday. I think if I go M-W-F next week, I'll be back on track. I haven't been able to exercise all week and it's driving me nuts! My diet has gone down the toilet and I've been nowhere near my daily water intake goals. I also missed my strength class on Wednesday for the first time in a month. And I really missed it. :(

This past year, my 30th, has been a very rough, negative year. I think that has a lot to do with my back problems and overall health too. This is the first year that I've been overly stressed out with my job. I've had too much drama and negativity in the boy sector. I am -9 lbs from last year, but keep getting off track with the additional 20 I need to lose to get my health and cholesterol in safe zones.


So this next year will be all about being POSITIVE! I'm purging the negative people and things from my life and I'm moving on. I have a terrific group of core friends and I need to focus on them and me and not the people who verbally abuse and attack me and put me down. I am better than that and I don't need their negativity! I don't have to put up with people who aren't here to build me up. It's like what Thumper says in Bambi: If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Not that I can't still be a smart ass, but overall: be positive, be optimistic, and do good. I do not need pessimism and negativity. Be happy!

3 comments:

  1. i feel like there needs to be some inserts for finger snaps in this post. Like, ain't nobody gonna bring me down (three snaps in z formation).

    ReplyDelete
  2. And maybe a few "oh no he didn't!" with some neck shaking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great post. love it. you can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete