Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Movie Monday, late again

This past week I saw two movies.

The Kids Are All Right
I was kind of stoked for this movie. It seemed progressive and interesting, but once I had let two hours escape my life, I realized that it's the same old theme, but this time with lesbians. I'll tell you right off the bat that I did not like this movie. But secondly off the bat (tee hee) I will tell you that I loved the speech that Julianne Moore's character makes towards the end of the film. To sum it up: she states that marriage is hard. That's when I lost it, and to tell the truth, I didn't stop crying for a long time. Relationships, no matter how they are defined, are damn hard. It doesn't matter the sex of the person in the relationship with you - everyone has the same problems and issues - and I think that's what the movie was trying to say.

Charlie St. Cloud

When Jen texted me the other day I told her that I had a date with Zac Efron. Indeed I did! Charlie St. Cloud is a terrific movie about loss, holding on, and letting go. Zac Efron's character has a great relationship with his younger brother, but becomes the town weirdo after the brother dies in a tragic car accident. The only criticism I had was that Zac Efron needed to be more scruffy after the death of his brother. He's painted as this complete nut job, but he's still super duper hot. More or less, Zac's character "sees dead people" and talks to them. He meets his brother every day to play catch, a promise he made while the brother was still alive. The movie has a bit of science fiction in it, but it's a great story. Bring tissues to this one.

PS - There were 11 middle school girls, two middle-aged women, myself, and a guy in his 30s at this movie. The guy sneaked in after the movie had already started and then left as soon as it ended. That's okay 30-something guy - you can think Zac's a hottie too!

No comments:

Post a Comment