Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Fun FACT

Yes, this is just one fact. One fact for the day:

This morning, after more or less throwing my back out on Wednesday morning, I ran my mile. I didn't know if I'd be able to do it bc of my back, but I threw down some extra strength pain killers with the vitamins this morning and drove out to the Henry Sibley track. And I would like you to know that I KILLED my last mile time for a new PR of...........

11:44!!!!

Stats:
Time - 11:44
Max HR - 197
Ave HR - 177
Cals - 212
Total
Time - 16:36

My arms felt like lead blocks attached to my shoulders for the first lap, but I got the furthest, almost all the way around the track, without slowing down on my first lap. Then I focused on something in the distance for the straights of the track - like Hemming told me to do. I don't know if it was the 66* temps or the Jedi mind trick, but I felt like I was going faster and keeping a good pace. I did not look at my watch to see my splits bc I thought I was doing well and I didn't want to get discouraged.

Now I'm off to walk my 5K route. Happy Friday!

PS - Just came back from my 5K route and I knocked off 4 minutes by jogging some of the downhill parts. Feels good! (Time - 44:38)

1 comment: