Thursday, August 12, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I finished The Girl Who Played With Fire last night. I enjoyed it even more than The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo! The movie is playing at the Landmark Edina theater and I plan on seeing it this afternoon. I cannot wait to get my hands on The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, but I'm kind of waiting until it comes out in paperback. The Swedish movie of Hornet is not slated to come out until October anyway.

2. I tried one of McDonald's smoothies last night. I had a small wild berry and it was sweet (44g sugar) but tasty! I think it would be even better with some protein in it. Anyone have a protein they like? I've had whey protein in the smoothies at Lifetime and enjoyed that.

3. I'm going out to lunch with the PE staff at Osseo today. I worked at Osseo Junior High School from 2006-2008 and absolutely love the PE staff! Those were the best years of my teaching career. I had just gotten divorced and had moved to St. Paul. I had been asked to leave Lakeville Public Schools in June of 2006 because the principal thought that I "didn't fit in" (ie: I was not a male and it was a good old boys club. They had a guy they wanted for the position and he didn't even have his health license!). The PE teachers at Osseo helped me restore confidence in my teaching, welcomed me into their social circle, and they are a great bunch of PE teachers! Since then they have been trying to get me back into the district and it's no secret that I'd go back in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. hooray for Osseo! booo good ol' boys. You've really got me thinking about smoothies now!

    ReplyDelete