Tuesday, August 3, 2010

MFD

I love this website:

www.myfooddiary.com


The first time I used this program was in 2005-2006. I lost 30 lbs, going from 185 to 155. It really helped me chart my cals in and cals out. I didn't change my diet in any way, aside from eating less and exercising more. Unfortunately, I gained a majority of that back over the past four years. I've made it a goal to drop some weight (1) bc I'm unhappy with it as it is and (2) bc my cholesterol is inching up into the not-so-good range.

This website charts your cals, exercise, protein, fats, water intake, and cals left to lose an average of however many lbs you want to lose per week. You can't get crazy and say, "I want to lose 5 lbs per week!" or anything. They give you a healthy max. Mine is currently -1.6/week.

I kicked butt last week and really worked out. I tried new classes at the gym and felt the burn. Unfortunately, no weight loss. Ru tells me to relax and it will come off, but this is where I get frustrated. I know that this $9/mo weight loss tool will work if I use it right. Maybe the humidity is stalling me from losing weight...

So I only have one goal for August:
Log at least 20 full days in August

I would go with the full 31, but I have a feeling that the MFD food list doesn't have certain things on a stick that I may be eating towards the end of the month... And I just looked back at 2010 and found out why perhaps I'm not losing any weight:

Days logged in...

Jan - 18
Feb - 15
Mar - 18
Apr - 7
May - 2
Jun - 7
Jul - 4

I was doing pretty good in March, but then I got very sick at the beginning of April. So...here we go August!

3 comments:

  1. my new years resolution was to log every day in january - and I did it! Honestly, when I didn't want to bother trying to figure out what something was, I just didn't bother to eat it!

    I shall make my goal 20 days as well (considering I've already missed the first 3...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there :) So it seems as though you have an iPhone now, is that correct? I highly recommend the LIVESTRONG app. It allows you to log your intake foods for the day and add any fitness to it. If you are good at keeping up with it, it might help, and it's free :)
    -steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph! I have the iTouch bc it came free with my laptop via the educator's package. I absolutely love it though! I downloaded some program that counts cals, but I'm not sure if it's the Livestrong app. I'll have to check that out. I just downloaded the Flixter app and LOVE it!!! All the movies, Rotten Tomato reviews, and showtimes right there!

    ReplyDelete